AfterLab : Post PhD, where do I go from here?
What to do with a PhD in computer science? A round-table meeting is organised at LIRIS on Tuesday, June 29 for students nearing the end of their thesis (and all those who wish to have useful information on the post-Doc period). This meeting is an opportunity to listen to three PhDs in computer science (whose PhD took place at LIRIS) reflecting the diversity of skills acquired during the PhD for a wide range of careers.
DGtal release 1.2
DGtal is an open source C++ library for the geometry processing of digital data (geometry processing on grids). The library has been managed at LIRIS since 2010 and thanks to a special support from the LIRIS, this new release contains a brand new python binding of the library.
Fabien Baradel receives the runner-up (2nd place) PhD thesis prize given by AFRIF
A special mention (second place) was awarded to Fabien BARADEL for his thesis entitled "Structured deep learning for video analysis" done at the University of Lyon under the supervision of Christian Wolf and Julien Mille.
3 papers accepted at the conference CVPR by groups IMAGINE and SICAL
Three papers from the IMAGINE work group of LIRIS have been accepted at the conference CVPR. CVPR is the conference with the highest impact in computer science as measured by the H5 index (=299), and 5th highest impact publication in general science after “Nature”, “The new England Journal of Medicine”, “Science” and “The Lancet”.
- Ousmane Issa, Angela Bonifati & Farouk Toumani (2020). « Evaluating Top-k Queries with Inconsistency Degrees ». Proceedings of the VLDB Endowment (PVLDB), vol. 13, n°12, pp. 2146-2158. doi : 10.14778/3407790.3407815. HAL : hal-02898931.
- Eric Duchene, Valentin Gledel, Aline Parreau & Gabriel Renault (2020). « Maker-Breaker domination game ». Discrete Mathematics. HAL : hal-01848805.
- Lois Paulin, Nicolas Bonneel, David Coeurjolly, Jean-Claude Iehl, Antoine Webanck, Mathieu Desbrun & Victor Ostromoukhov (2020). « Sliced Optimal Transport Sampling ». ACM Transactions on Graphics. doi : 10.1145/3386569.3392395. HAL : hal-02565352.
- Lu Gan, Diana Nurbakova, Léa Laporte & Sylvie Calabretto (2020). « Enhancing Recommendation Diversity using Determinantal Point Processes on Knowledge Graphs ». 43rd International ACM SIGIR Conference on Research and Development in Information Retrieval, 25 juillet 2020, Virtual (Chine), pp. 2001-2004. doi : 10.1145/3397271.3401213. HAL : hal-02935150.
- Corentin Kervadec, Theo Jaunet, Grigory Antipov, Moez Baccouche, Romain Vuillemot & Christian Wolf (2021). « How Transferable are Reasoning Patterns in VQA? ». IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR), 25 juin 2021, Nashville, Tennessee (États-Unis). HAL : hal-03192949.
- Romain Vuillemot, Philippe Rivière, Anaëlle Beignon & Aurélien Tabard (2021). « Boundary Objects in Design Studies: Reflections on the Collaborative Creation of Isochrone Maps ». Computer Graphics Forum. HAL : hal-03203128.
No event to come.