Welcome to the LIRIS Website
The LIRIS is a joint research unit to CNRS (UMR 5205), INSA Lyon, Université Claude Bernard Lyon 1, Université Lumière Lyon 2 and Ecole Centrale de Lyon. Its main scientific research area is Computer Science and, more generally, Information Technologies.
The spectrum of its research activities is wide and its workforce allows the laboratory to be a major actor of research - theoretical and applied - in its fields of competences. The laboratory develops know-how and expertise capable of responding to major societal challenges in close collaboration with the disciplines of Engineering, Human and Social Sciences, Environmental Sciences and Life Sciences.
The LIRIS constitutes a structuring force in the computer science landscape and its applications. It is structured into 6 clusters of competencies which include 14 research groups:
- Computer Vision Pattern Recognition (Research Group Imagine )
- Géométrie et Modélisation (Research Groups GeoMod et M2DisCo )
- Science des données (Research Groups BD, DM2L et GOAL)
- Interactions et cognition ( Research Groups SICAL, SMA et TWEAK)
- Services, Systèmes distribués et Sécurité(Research Groups DRIM et SOC)
- Simulation, virtualité et sciences computationnelles (Research Groups Beagle, R3AM et SAARA)
The work of the research groups also finds applications in the areas: Biology and healthcare (modelling of living systems, health engineering), Ambient intelligence (pervasive and distributed systems, intelligent monitoring, self* systems), Computer-assisted human learning: personalization, cognitive assistance, collaborative learning assistance, serious games) and scientific computing (big data analytics)