Welcome to the website for the 10th edition of the IEEE/WIC/ACM International Conference on Web intelligence.
This edition being the tenth birthday of WI, the WIC has decided to organize it in memoriam of Herbert A. Simon and to give a special award to WI most significant papers of the ten editions.
Web Intelligence (WI) explores the fundamental roles, interactions as well as practical impacts of Artificial Intelligence engineering and Advanced Information Technology on the next generation of Web systems. Here AI-engineering is a general term that refers to a new area, slightly beyond traditional AI: brain informatics, human level AI, intelligent agents, social network intelligence and classical areas such as knowledge engineering, representation, planning, discovery and data mining are examples. Advanced Information Technology includes wireless networks, ubiquitous devices, social networks, and data/knowledge grids, as well as cloud computing, service oriented architecture.
- The conference will take place at the Campus Universitaire de la Doua, Lyon, France
- WI 2011 will be co-located with the 2011 IEEE/ACM/WIC International Conference on Intelligent Agent Technology (IAT2011).
- Each day, either in the morning (before parallel meeting sessions begin) or just after the lunch hour, there will be a keynote presentation (plenary session) to all the attendance. Some keynote presentations will be held jointly with the IEEE/WIC/ACM International Conference on Intelligent Agent Technology (IAT 2011). A rough plan is to have 2-3 joint keynote speakers, plus 2-3 WI related invited speakers and 2-3 IAT related invited speakers, respectively.
- WI 2011 will include a summer school providing in-depth background on subjects that are of broad interest to Web intelligence and Intelligent Agent Technology communities.
- WI 2011 also welcomes Workshop proposals and an industry day. As an important part of the conference, the workshop and the industry day programs will focus on new research challenges, initiatives and applications. All papers accepted for workshops and industry day will be included in the Workshop and industry day Proceedings published by the IEEE Computer Society Press and will be available on site. Detailed information will be available at the conference homepage.
Another important web event in Lyon!