Welcome to the website for the 10th edition of the IEEE/WIC/ACM International Conference on Intelligent Agent Technology.
This edition being the tenth birthday of WI, the WIC has decided to organize it in memoriam of Herbert A. Simon and to give a special award to WI most significant papers of the ten editions.
The 2011 IEEE/WIC/ACM International Conference on Intelligent Agent Technology (IAT 2011) will be jointly held with the 2011 IEEE/WIC/ACM International Conference on Web Intelligence Campus Universitaire de la Doua, Lyon, France, and it will be sponsored by the IEEE Computer Society Technical Committee on Intelligent Informatics (TCII), the Web Intelligence Consortium (WIC), and ACM-SIGART.
IAT 2011 will provide a leading international forum to bring together researchers and practitioners from diverse fields, such as computer science, information technology, business, education, human factors, systems engineering, and robotics, to (1) examine the design principles and performance characteristics of various approaches in intelligent agent technology, and (2) increase the cross fertilization of ideas on the development of autonomous agents and multi-agent systems among different domains. By encouraging idea-sharing and discussions on the underlying logical, cognitive, physical, and sociological foundations as well as the enabling technologies of intelligent agents, IAT 2011 will foster the development of novel paradigms and advanced solutions in agent and multi-agent based computing. The joint organization of IAT 2011 and WI 2011 provides an opportunity for technical and scientific collaboration beyond the two distinct research communities.
- The conference will take place at the Campus Universitaire de la Doua, Lyon, France
- IAT 2011 bwill be co-located with the 2011 IEEE/ACM/WIC International Conference on Web Intelligence (WI2011).
- Each day, either in the morning (before parallel meeting sessions begin) or just after the lunch hour, there will be a keynote presentation (plenary session) to all the attendance. Some keynote presentations will be held jointly with the IEEE/WIC/ACM International Conference on Web Intelligence (WI 2011). A rough plan is to have 2-3 joint keynote speakers, plus 2-3 WI related invited speakers and 2-3 IAT related invited speakers, respectively.
- IAT 2011 will include a summer school providing in-depth background on subjects that are of broad interest to Intelligent Agent Technology and Web intelligence communities.
- IAT 2011 also welcomes Workshop proposals and an industry day. As an important part of the conference, the workshop and the industry day programs will focus on new research challenges, initiatives and applications. All papers accepted for workshops and industry day will be included in the Workshop and industry day Proceedings published by the IEEE Computer Society Press and will be available on site.
An important web event in Lyon!