(a few) Details
- Higher School of Economics (HSE, National Research University, Russia):
It is a scientific cooperation with Sergei O. Kuznetsov,
Head of the "School for Applied Mathematics and Information Science"
and the "Department of Data Analysis and Artificial Intelligence".
This collaboration in now extended with Dmitry Ignatov, researcher in the same university.
Both Pr. Kuznetsov and Dr. Ignatov were invited professors in our teams. We co-authored several joint publications.
- Aalborg university (Danemark) - 2011/12: 6 months internship of Saulius Samulevicius within the DM2L team,
during his PhD studies directed by Pr. Torben Bach Pedersen
for the analysis of mobile traffic data with data mining techniques
- Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais (UFMG, Brésil)
This cooperation has two origins: Loïc Cerf, who defence his thesis
within the DM2L team in 2010, was hired as an assistant professor in 2012
at the Department of Computer UFMG; Mehdi Kaytoue completed a postdoctoral
in the same research team at UFMG in 2011/2012. They both participate to the
Project FAPS/INRIA/CNRS (France/Brazil) "Data Mining guided by Domain Knowledge"
in collaboration with the team of Orpailleur INRIA Nancy Grand Est.
- INRIA / LORIA (France): several joint projects and publications,
mainly with the Orpailleur team (knowledge discovery and knowledge representation)
- MIT Game lab (MIT Media Lab): Joint publication with P. Tan (Creative director),
3 weeks visit in Boston in July 2014
- University of Anvers (Belgium): >= 5 publications co-authored
- University of Annaba (Algery): joint PhD supervision
- University of Galatasaray (Turkey): joint PhD supervision
- Institute of mathematics and computer sciences of Vilnius (Lituania):
Hubert Curien Gilibert partnership: several visits in both ways, >= 6 joint publications.
- IDIAP, Martigny, Switzerland
Co-direction of a Ph.D thesis (J. Mariéthoz, "Sciences Cognitives, Université Lyon 2",
defended December 20, 2006). Multiple visits have given rise to cooperation and joint publications
on machine learning (e.g., using Support Vector Machines for speaker recognition, multi-scale learning for temporal neural networks).
- CNR Pisa (ISTI) and University of Pisa, Italy
Scientific cooperation on data mining methods and algorithms,
joint publications, mutual visits of researchers, multiple seminars, participation to Ph.D.
committees, Christophe Rigotti's sabbatical year in 2005/2006.
- University of Waikato, New Zealand
Scientific cooperation on data mining methods with joint publications and mutual visits
(e.g., Dr. Bernhard Pfahringer has visited LIRIS in Octobre 2006, and Claire Leschi has
visited New Zealand 3 months in 2005 and 2006).
- Partners of the European Contract IQ
We have an intensive cooperation with the partners of the European contract IQ consortium
(IST-FET FP6-516169 "Inductive Queries for Mining Patterns and Models"). This includes the
organization of many research seminars and workshops. Our partners are the Institute Jozef Stefan in Ljubljana
(Slovenia), the Albert-Ludwigs Universitaet Freiburg (Germany), the University of Wales Aberysthwyth
(United Kingdom), the University of Helsinki (Finland), the Katholieke Universiteit Leuven (Belgium),
and the University of Antwerp (Belgium).
- Universidad Politécnica de Madrid, Spain
Prof. José-Maria Peña is the co-advisor of Yolanda Sanchez-Dehesa's Ph.D. He is regularly
visiting us and he has already given seminars in the context of INSA Lyon Computer Sc.
Department. Several joint publications have been released.
- University of Konstanz, Germany
Scientific cooperation on data mining tools and discovery science with Prof. Michael
Berthold. Mutual visits of researchers have been organized in 2006 and 2007.
This cooperation may be intensified in the near future because we manage to integrate
our software prototypes into the KNIME platform.
- University of Kyushu, Japan
Scientific cooperation on data mining tools and methods. Mutual visits of researchers
have been organized in 2006 and 2007 (Prof. Einoshin Suzuki has visited INSA Lyon and
Jean-Francois Boulicaut has been visiting Japan twice in 2007). This cooperation is now
formalized into an agreement between both institutions to support exchanges of students and researchers.
- Institute of Mathematics and Informatics of Vilnius (Lithuania)
In the framework of a Hubert Curien Gilibert partnership, two visits of DM2L researchers
in Lithuania and as many visits of IMI researchers in France are planned.
- EADS France: Research contract signed between EADS France and EZUS to support
the CIFRE Ph.D. funding for Clément Fauré (2005-2007). This contract has concerned the
design of knowledge discovery techniques in cooperation with the SILEX group at LIRIS.
A second research contract has been signed between EADS France and INSAVALOR in 2007.
It has concerned an application for AIRBUS about the exploitation of a large textual
database. We have considered the potential impact of our original data mining techniques
to support relevant information extraction.
- CIC: Research contract signed between CIC and Insavalor S.A. to support the CIFRE Ph.D.
funding for Hunor Albert-Lorincz (2004-2006). It has concerned pattern discovery from financial data streams.
- Djingle: Research contract funded by "Région Rhône-Alpes" (CREALYS) to support the start-up Djingle (2004-2006).
This has concerned the study of data mining opportunities to develop new services in the area of interactive
videos (e.g., exploiting browsing sessions for customer profiling).